About Me

My photo
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Tuesday 13 January 2015

A forgotten set: Caesar 1/72 Qing Dynasty Troopers

Good evening to all,

Here are some figures which have very few photos on the internet for some reason, which is strange since it is an incredible set. I can't vouch for their accuracy, since I don't know much about Chinese history myself, and PSR seemed a little confused as well.



But that doesn't matter here, since what I'm doing with my medieval's is making a completely inaccurate and non historical world. I might use real world influences, but it's all what I like to see. It makes the project infinitely more fun to do, since you don't have to follow anything, you just paint what you think looks good.

These will be the Naval/Land (mostly naval) Infantryof my Mongol-esque barbarian army, which will be completely cavalry, unless they are besieging or at sea, where they bring in these guys.

I'm thinking that they could be from a more western land in the east that wants to separate itself from the Samurai Empire, siding with the powerful yet free Barbarians. Who knows, they may even want to use the mongols to destroy the Samurai for them, so they can control the lands. Their province is located on the shores mainly, and for that they have a powerful navy, which is vital to the horse-riding barbarians, who need something to counter the Emperor's mighty warships.
 



I have since gotten a flat blue, and gotten rid of that hideous gloss blue. This spearman needs a repaint.



I have painted more than three, yet I just wanted to give a look at what they look like. I got two boxes of them off eBay when ordering my brothers presents, since Caesar thought 30 figures is an appropriate size for a box of infantry. Now thinking back though, I should have gotten one of these and one of the Ming box, since that one is much more rare.

Up next will probably be some test shots of Austrian Infantry (the box mentioned in my last post).
Thanks for visiting,
FF

2 comments:

  1. Wow, they are amazing! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick. They take some time to paint, because of all those little studs that I have to paint a couple of times, but I think they are worth the effort.
      FF

      Delete