About Me

My photo
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Italeri Austrian Infantry & Grenadiers 1805 pt1

This is some old work from a few months ago. I have about half of the infantry of this set finished, but as I mentioned before, I got the other Italeri set, so even more Austrians (and Hungarians) to come, along with some French from Hat!

They will be used for my Austerlitz village diorama. Also, since I know nearly nothing about Austerlitz and my readers have proven so knowledgeable before, did any Hungarians fight in the village when the french counter attacked and encircled them?








I'm pretty sure I painted this one wrong, so if anyone has any tips please post them.



The flag bearer is not finished yet (even though Italeri did pretty good at providing a realistic flag, I will print the other ones rather than paint them on)



And the marchers so far, I don't like the lighting on this one, but it's the best I can do.




And that's it for today, but I have more shots of other types of Austrian soldiers, along with French.

I might also post pictures of the nice display cabinets and lighting system I made for them.

Have a good one!
FF

6 comments:

  1. I really like those, great work with the brushes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacksarge, I tried a different technique then my other Napoleonics since these have hardly any color.
      FF

      Delete
  2. They look fantastic! I have trouble painting white but really like what you have done here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rodger, I used white in my first test shots, but Jacksarge made a good point of them being too white, so I used a cream color for the uniforms, and pure white for the straps.
      FF

      Delete
  3. Wow, they look fantastic. I like the shade of while you have used for the uniform (kind of a stone grey), contrasts nicely with the white belts - excellent outlining too.

    ReplyDelete